Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday

Children mentioned...

I know this is a day late, but I was two days late on the Show and Tell...so I am catching up!

I really like Perfect Moment Monday because it is about recognizing the good in our lives, the blessings we have been given. So many times we can move from one thing to another and really not sit back and realize how much we have been given...how many perfect moments we have...

My perfect moment happened yesterday morning. On the days that I go into the office Nadie takes the Zerker to the fabulous caregiver. I pick her up. When he loads her into the car I have been tapping on the window to say goodbye. In her first months she would sit there oblivious, hearing the sound but not understanding that it came from someplace and that was right outside the door.

That changed yesterday. I tapped on the window. I tapped again. And to my surprise the little beauty turned her head and then saw Momma acting like a fool outside the window. It was perfect.

When I picked her up I did it again and she looked again. I also tapped from the driver's side window and saw her get a big smile and look wildly around her to try and figure out where the sound is coming from. She never saw me (I am not sure what her vision range is these days) but just the wonder of her looking and laughing was enough to warm my heart.

It is no small thing that they, who are so fresh from God, love us. Charles Dickens.


Now go find other perfect moments with Lori at Weebles Wobble and try to acknowledge the perfect moments of your own!

4 comments:

Furrow said...

Ahh. It's amazing to see them evolve into beings of awareness and amusement. So sweet.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

One of the things I loved so much about having a baby was seeing the world through brand new eyes.

Just like in this post.

Bonnie said...

I am visiting you from Lori's blog. I just love that quote. That is beautiful. All those things are so exciting when they are so little. She is such a pretty little thing!

Raggedy Ann said...

What a lovely moment!Brings back so many memories of my little guy when he was a baby and me dancing round the car as well. Thanx for sweet comment on my blog.