A year ago today my body began the cycle that produced my darling Zerker. We were heading into the unknown of our first medicated fertility cycle. What I feared would end up being just another April Fool's joke on me, ended up being the beginning of the best year of my life so far...
I am so excited to see how the rest of the years unfold!
And I am her fool....
In case I forget anything that happened over the past year I wanted to take a few quick notes....
• Being pregnant with the Zerker was a breeze.
• After the first month of scary RE-ness thinking that I was miscarrying or that she was ectopic, there was not a lot of issues.
• I didn't have much nausea.
• I WAS tired a lot.
• I generally felt OK until 30 weeks when my back broke down on me, but after I stopped working out I was fine.
• 37+weeks was not that big of a deal as far as being uncomfortable.
• I totally missed being able to roll over in bed and get up and down with ease.
• There was no need for all that worry about my water breaking - when it happens I will know - it smells different.
• Feeling her inside of me was amazing. Kicking - rolling - being goofy.
• Maybe next time (if I do have another kid) I won't be so worried and will be able to enjoy being pregnant more.
• Not being able to drink alcohol was not so bad. After a few months the thought of a beer or a glass of wine sounded disgusting. Now I don't even like drinking so much, and I am glad of that.
• Labor was not so bad. Not nearly as scary as I made it out to be. OK the part where they called for all the nurses on the floor to come and did an emergency insertion of the fetal monitor on her head was scary. The rest of it - not so much.
• Epidurals are nice.
• C-sections are OK and after 20 hours of labor - they are welcome.
• She is SOOOO worth it.