Monday, April 6, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday

Lori@Weebles Wobble says, 'Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between.'


Check out what other people are sharing at her blog, and maybe share your own!

Here is a perfect moment for this rainy and cold Monday.
==============================================================

Children mentioned.


Our dogs are so sweet. They really do want to please us in every thing they do. Still, I know they need to feel valued and loved. They are really very great with the Zerker, they steer clear except to smell her. Er, well, sometimes Gus (the mini-aussie)will give her a quick lick. Also, I know Starbuck (the golden) has begun to recognize baby crying on television shows. He has wanted a kid for several years, and he always gives us this look when he sees them - like 'Can I have one of those, please?'

I don't think he has yet realized that the Zerker will be his best friend sooner than he knows it.

I am going to be honest here. I know they need more attention. We haven't been the best dog owners since the Zerker came along... and I am pretty sure we will get better at it...being able to care for the baby and the dogs and cats at the same time. Right now, though, they are probably not as content as they were before. They don't show it, of course, always uber excited to see us and ready to play.

This weekend I went and bought a brand new batch of tennis balls. I sat with the Zerker on the couch and tossed the ball across the room. For a little while Nadie held the zerker and she just watched the dogs go back and forth. She smiled and looked interested in their athleticism.

And that was a perfect moment...giving the good boys some TLC and knowing they were having a fantastic time....

5 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

What a delightful perfect moment, cute dogs, super beautiful Baby!!Visiting from Weebles Webblog.

Anonymous said...

I hear you about neglecting your pets when baby comes. Our baby Lucy was 5 when our son came home. She definitly was missing out on some TLC. I felt a little guilty but didn't have the energy. Now things have smoothed out and I think Lucy feels much better about her place in the house with her new brother.

Teresa said...

Oh what a great picture! I love your dogs and your perfect moment:)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I bet Gus and Starbuck would agree that this was a perfect moment.

I'm glad I got to enjoy it with you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect to me.. :)