Friday, March 6, 2009

Zerker's 2 Month Immunizations

Zerker just got her two month shots. Of course, I hated seeing her in pain, but I told her it was for her own good and that she wouldn't remember it. She screamed like a banshee. Her face was so sad! She seemed surprised that anyone would ever hurt her and wondering what she could have done to deserve such horrible treatment!
The doc said it would have been fine to give her Tylenol before the shot. I didn't before we left because I figured I should wait to see how she reacts. So the nurse gave me some sample Tylenol and we gave her about 20 minutes before the shots. It didn't make it any easier, but perhaps it made it easier after we got to the car. She seemed sort of like a zombie and I was frightened that my grinning Zerker was gone!


She is pretty much in the 50th percentile on everything. She weighed in at 10 pounds 12 ounces and 23 inches. So she has gained 3 lbs 13 ozs and 4 inches in two months. A healthy baby girl....sigh of relief...

She smiles all the time and there is just the beginning of laughter...we won't call it the real thing until we hear her rip a whole round of giggles. :)

Once she got home she did seem in better spirits....

(Hard to resist, right? Sometimes I have to just pause for a moment to realize how freaking beautiful she is, just take every sip of her in...and that came from me and nadie??? Crazy!)

She is sleeping right now, and when she wakes I am going to give her another round of Tylenol. She can't tell me if she is feeling blah, and I would rather err on the side of caution.

I know there are parents out there against immunizations. Personally, I would never live with myself if Zerker got sick from something that was preventable. I do not believe that random the studies you read saying that they are harmful are correct. I have read studies using 'online surveys' to gather their information and then posting on supposedly reputable sites. I will not be responsible for allowing polio to resurge in our country. I think refraining from vaccinating your kid is somewhat irresponsible, not only to your child's safety - but to the rest of the people around you. I do understand being hesitant and wanting to make sure you do what is best for your kid, but it is so easy to jump to incorrect conclusions. Anyways, it is just an opinion, and I don't care to judge anyone.

Have a good weekend, my internet friends. I am hoping to get some outdoor time with Nadie, the Zerker and the dogs tomorrow since it will be in the 70s. She has never been out longer than to get to the car and back and the dogs are in desperate need of some running time. WOOT WOOT

And I am sure I will be bright eyed and bushy tailed on sunday morning when the Zerker wakes at 4am instead of 5am because we have to spring the clock forward. Ugh...

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

UGH - time change .. CRAP. Didn't think about it in those terms.

We also do the vaccines. Our dr gives the tylenol before they get the shots.

She is gorgeous